Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tombstone Tuesday - Mary Shelley


Photo © by Gregg Felsen

Mary Shelley (August 30, 1797 - February 01, 1851, age 53) was laid to rest alongside her parents and with the cremated remains of her late husband's heart in St. Peter’s Churchyard in England.

Shelley is best known as the author of the Gothic novel, Frankenstein: A Modern Prometheus.

I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

An illustration of the memorial to Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley and Percy Bysshe Shelley in Christchurch, England. By George J. Stodart. © National Portrait Gallery, London

Source: https://www.biography.com/news/famous-tombstones-photos
Interesting Article: https://daily.jstor.org/mary-shelleys-obsession-with-the-cemetery/

No comments:

Post a Comment