Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Crone - Wyley

CRONE

circa 1998
By Graham Wyley

Approach without fear,
you who know me in your heart,
for I speak to you
with the voices of the winds
and the shoreline
is the hem of my robe.

I am the breath of hope
which is born in the East,
the Maiden,
the new morning,
the promise of Spring.

Mine is the power
which burns in the South,
the Mother,
the midday warmth,
the blessings of Summer.

I will draw you to me
as the day fades in the West,
the Wise woman, the healer,
the mourner of the waning year.

And when the bitter wind
blows from the North,
bidding life withdraw,
to rest, to dream,
I beckon you as Crone,
as the Dark Mother,
the seed of life preserved
in the bare Earth,
from which you have been born
and will be born again.

© Graham Wyley
Illustrated Guide to Witchcraft
© Illustration - Stephanie Smith - Crone

No comments:

Post a Comment